Sunday, November 16, 2008

Birthday Wishes!

I just wanted to take a minute to say how thankful I am for my sister, Jamie today! She is someone very special to everyone that knows her. She is beautiful, smart, talented, and fun! She can do anything...and do it to perfection. She is a wonderful mother, a good listener (I probably don't give her much choice!), and an awesome cook!

When we were growing up, she always took care of me. Her first job where she earned an allowance was babysitting me while mom did chores. I'm sure it was annoying to have me as a little sister, but she always let me hang around. She took me to school each morning in her Grand Prix and took me to ballgames with her. When she was in college, she would let me come and stay the weekend with her. When we were younger, we dressed our kittens up in doll clothes, played school, and took the three-wheeler out in the field for picnics. We went sledding together, swimming together, and fishing together on family float trips.


Now, I count it a privelage to be raising our children together. As wonderful of a friend as she was to me growing up, I love and appreciate her more and more with each passing day. She has such a sweet spirit and she is always refreshing to be around. She inspires me with her kindness and patience. She loves the Lord and honors him in all that she does. I found a little poem that I liked, so I'm posting it below as a tribute to you, sis! I didn't write it, apparently someone named Vernon in 1985 did...

For many years we've shared our lives
One roof we once lived under
Sometimes we laughed, sometimes we cried
Through winter storms and thunder
The younger years have faded fast
We've gone our separate ways
But through all time our friendship lasts
Our bond in life remains
As summer brings the happy times
The autumn winds will whisper
A closer friend I'd never find
Than the one I call my Sister.
Vernon, 1985
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I love all 3 of those girls in that top picture (but when I first pulled it up - I thought you and your mom were wearing tiaras)ha!
Happy birthday to Jamie! I thought she was just now hitting 30 today. I guess I'm in denial of how we are all getting. ha!

Pastor Steve said...

Micaela what a wonderful tribute to Jamie. I thank God that I've known you girls for all of these years. And thanks for the kind words in a time of personal loss. You are very special to me.

Jacquie said...

Sweetest post ever, Mic! For two girls to be so different - you both are the most beautiful girls I know (both inside and out). I love being able to keep up with y'all through your blogs.

The Garners said...

Thank you so much for this birthday post! And thank you for not writing about all the times I was bossy and mean to you as a kid--like when I yelled, "It's TOO LATE!" I'm blessed to have such a precious sister!!

And thank you, Vernon, for the sweet poet! I loved that! :)

maryanne420 said...

what a wonderful post about your sister! i can truly sense the love and respect you have for her. i hope that you had a wonderful weekend.

The Garners said...

Sorry, Vernon, I meant "poem".

the Fosters said...

It is such a blessing to have a sister and one that is close too! Isn't it fun to enjoy your kids together too? Very sweet and kids words about your big sis!

Heather said...

I love this! SO sweet! You and your mom and sister are all SO PRETTY!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

I'm late reading your blog, Micaela. I'm like Kelly...thought you and Brenda had on crowns...hey, you really should...you are "royalty" to all of us! Jamie is probably the bestest sister there is and you have been blessed, but so has she with you!

Thank you all for showing us what Jesus looks like! We love you!